Sunday, January 1, 2012

Oh 2012, Where Have You Been All My Life?

Welcome to the New Year! It is officially 2012! Are you are ready for all of the end of the world talk that is soon to come? I'm not. Let's take a look inside how my New Year's eve went shall we?

SO. Yesterday, I started my day at 11:45am while I was on my way to Philadelphia with my boyfriend and his family.

Let me tell you something, driving through Philly is scary. Not like scenery scary, it is actually very pretty there. But everyone driving so close, honking, and the crazy schizophrenic people sitting on the sides of the streets cursing... That is scary.

I visited LOVE park for the first time. And yes, I know. Living about 40 minutes out of Philly you could ask why haven't you been there?! And I have no answer for that. I don't know. I am sorry.

We went shopping in Rittenhouse Square and let me tell you something else: They do NOT mess around with their security. We went into H&M and they had a big, husky, intimidating black man in a very snazzy suit standing at every door.

I learned while shopping at H&M that I don't know how to shop correctly. Where as my boyfriend's sister is like super bargain shopper. She practically stole from the stores with all the savings she found.

We continued shopping-- Anthropology, Barnes and Nobles, Some expensive store, H&M again-- and we walked through a park. I don't know what park it was but it was a park nonetheless. We walked by this "Occupy" group. But it wasn't the real occupy. These people were scary and faces painted like a clown chanting about pamphlets. Um... Okay 1%?

After that, we went to dinner in China Town. The place we ate at was freaking Delicious! Fresh EVERYTHING. The cooked duck looked like a squirrel to me but it was good. And I want you all to know that the Chinese food you buy from local stores is no where NEAR as good and authentic at somewhere in China Town. For example, I ordered the sesame chicken. I was expecting the brownish sauce with a couple sesame seeds but it came out as this:
Tender chicken breaded in sesame seeds covered in lemon sauce with a side of fresh seemed broccoli. And let me tell you! The lemon sauce tasted like a liquefied lollipop. It was truly delectable.

Let me fast forward a tad.

We saw some fireworks, left Philly, came home, went over to my house to be with my family, neighbors, and brothers friends, played some Wii, went to target to buy a helicopter, played dirty minds, played with the helicopter, ate some wings, and kissed my boo when the ball dropped.

Then, they went outside and started screaming. My brother had the idea to go streaking. My boyfriend was the first to be undressed.

Yup, those are my boys.
(Left to Right: Carney, Brother, Ryan, Boyfriend)
Have a Happy New Year!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Already having the best year with only 12 hours under my belt and not even exaggerating: Story of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment