Tuesday, January 31, 2012

#1 Cliche Proves to be True.

Someone once said that the day is only as good as you make it.

I don't know who said it but it is definitely more than true.

Today I woke up, not having much sleeping, slightly miserable and anxious for an exam I had in the only class I have Tuesday and Thursday.  I went down to my boyfriends room-- keeping in mind I'm not in a good mood-- and we made our way throughout campus to embark on our separate routines for the day.

For the first half hour of my day I was dreading every bit of it. After handing in my notes to my Nittany Notes, I walked outside and finally realized that it was about 55 degrees in State College today.

How could I have missed that? It is beyond beautiful here today.

The rest of the day played out really well. I laughed with my boyfriend, I studied for my exam, I destroyed my exam (seriously I am so confident about it), I went to the creamery with my boyfriend and sat outside enjoying the weather.

There is nothing more I want to do right now than be outside. So much so that I am currently sitting outside at a table doing homework (well... blogging first)

Evan turned to me and said how cool it was to see everyone outside enjoying the weather.

Then it hit me.

The trick to making your day the best you can isn't taking it as a whole and trying to do something extraordinary every single day; it's looking at the little things in life. The things that when combined with other great things, make something extraordinary.  This morning I shouldn't have woken up and thought of all the negatives. I should have gotten up, kissed my boyfriend the moment I saw him, and soaked in the nice weather that probably won't last more than a couple days.

It's easy to be pessimistic, but it's even easier to smile when good things happen.

Do me a favor: Take that to heart.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sitting in the glorious breeze appreciating all that life has given me so far: Story of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment