Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Thank You for being an Unchangeable Individual.

Today my boyfriend introduced me to a new show that proved to be awkward yet hilarious.


It's called Billy on the Street on Fuse.tv

This guy, Billy Eichner, goes around in the streets of New York City and interrogates random people also roaming the streets. He asks questions on pop culture such as celebrities (e.g. Katy Perry, Julia Roberts, Alicia Keys). The only catch is some of the questions he asks, for you to get them right that is, are completely subjective off his views.

However, if you do get them right, you get money! Anywhere from $1 to $25 to $100.

Cool right?

Maybe. If you're a different kind of person. All I could think while watching it was, "What would I have done if he came up to me all crazy and abrasive?"

Chances are I would have been lame and walked away-- fast. I wouldn't have played his little game. I may be outgoing but there were cameras!! Who likes cameras? I was even embarrassed to act for a music video for my Spanish class in front of my boyfriend last year.

So I guess the real question remains this:

Do people stay the same when they are put into different situations? If you are outgoing, adventurous, loud, bubbly and enthusiastic, would you be that way if someone bombarded you on the streets with a microphone and a camera offering you one single dollar if you got it right?

For me... Probably not. But that doesn't make me fake and if you think that does, I have some choice words for you ya jerks.

Why don't you check it out yourself and tell me how you feel watching it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWp75V4_3jI

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Diagnosing myself with a mild case of general anxiety disorder due to the fact that I get anxious, uncomfortable, and slightly giddy when I see other people in awkward situations: Story of my Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment