Thursday, January 26, 2012

This Entry is Probably Not Worth Reading.

It's been pretty tough to blog in the past two days, sorry about that guys. My entry today may not be very entertaining so I'm not really expecting a lot of views or people to actually read it. It's been really sad and somber up here at State since Joe passed. It's really hitting everyone day by day.

Tuesday January 24, I'm not really sure what happened to be honest. I didn't have lecture that day and when that happens I just kind of go blank.

I wanted to go to the Joe Paterno public viewing  they were having all day at the church near the Forum but... 30,000 people came and the line stretched like 5 blocks. No lie.

January 25, 2012: I turned 19! Yup, Happy Birthday Kelsey! They're burying Joepa..

Yeah. I didn't know how to feel. On campus the streets filled with people waiting to see the procession while Joe was on the way to the cemetary. It didn't feel right to celebrate my birthday but I did anyway.

My girls took me to Chili's for dinner and it was fun. The waitress was borderline stupid but it was okay. She hated my roommate we think but the food was spit free. That's always a plus right?

My roommate and the girl next door got me a Marilyn Monroe poster. The my friend down the hall made me a great card, my boyfriend got me a ring holder, a cupcake from *ndulge (if you ever come to State College, go there! They are delicious and fill the center with icing), and a book called 13 Reason's Why. It's a book about this girl that commits suicide and she leaves cassette tapes for this guy telling him why she did what she did. It is supposed to be really good. I'll tell you about it when I'm done.
That's my ring holder, cute huh? And behind that is my computer (obviously) and a picture of my sister and I at her wedding.

Today, was kind of crappy. I went to the college of education to change my major to find out I'm like 2 semesters behind and I wanted to cry. I think I'm going to look into Rehabilitation and Human Services within the school system. If anyone cares.

I missed the "Memorial For Joe" since I had lecture but its on again at 8 on WPSU and 10 on the Big Ten Network. You should watch. Then at 10 I'm going to the HUB to see Moneyball.

Tomorrow I go home. I can't wait.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saying your final goodbye to Joe Paterno on the Penn State Campus which really gets to you because of the atmosphere but also needing a reason to smile and looking for motivation for an entry all at the same time: Story of my life.

Sorry Guys, It's been a tough week.

No comments:

Post a Comment