Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Bitch, Please.

Editors note: Please do not take offense to this entry. It was a suggested topic from a fellow reader. Thank you

One summer I was at an amusement park with my family. I got on that pirate ship looking ride with my sister. This guy sat next to us and asked me where we were from. I stared at him. My mind went blank. The sister chimed in, "We're from Pennsylvania, stupid"

That was just one point in my life when I needed someones help with what to say. Just one time. Some people function this way 24/7.

Why!?

My roommate and I contemplated this ourselves after receiving this suggested topic. Our question to you is, Why does what you say and your thought process in answering someone change from talking to text?  If you are going to dinner with someone and they ask you where to go, you would answer right there right? But if you are texted that same question, you have to ask someone, "what should I say?"

Why does it matter?

Aren't there bigger issues in the world?  Like those kids in Africa we always talk about. Do their issues only matter when we overeat? 

I think not.

When I text someone I shouldn't have to ask my friends, "What do I say? Should I use an exclamation point or just period? Smiley or ellipsis? IF they answer back, does it mean something more?"

Bitch, Please.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Being treated like I'm a magic 8 ball: Story of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment