Sunday, February 12, 2012

Banana Man

Have you ever wanted to have a character in your life that Jerry Seinfeld and his friends might have. Like the Soup Nazi?

I'm sure everyone wants to have some sort of crazy "regular" you can tell stories about. I know I did.

Be careful what you wish for.

It all started last semester waiting in line for a breakfast sandwich at the commons before one of our first couple home football games. It was Evan, Tracy, and myself. The line was super long. I mean come on, we're college students, we don't wake up until 10:30 am before a game and a breakfast sandwich with some tator tots sounds delightful.

We noticed this kid in front of us tweaking out. He turned to us and said " You think they have bananas here? That's all I want is a banana and I have been standing in line."  We were like... Um... I think so ? but We're not sure.

We continued talking and then he turned around again and said "can you save my place in line? I'm just going to be really quick and run upstairs to see if they have bananas there. I'll right back"  And he sprinted off. He came back soon enough and we were almost at the check out. He looks down in the basket in front of us and ALAS! There's one single banana left!

That's how he got his name. Keeping in mind that was in September of last semester.

We have seen banana man AT LEAST 25 times since then. And rest assure that that is a lot of times to see someone you don't know on a campus as big as Penn State Main.

As we began to see him more frequently, he started to recognize us. How do we know? He'd just stare at us. Literally. Just stare. Like, making awkward eye contact to the point that you just want to acknowledge him and run.

We saw him at:

Dining commons (the most)
Subway
College Ave
The Hub
Sitting outside
The Basketball game.

This last one is the most important because it is the most recent (Yesterday)
About 10 minutes into the game, I noticed him two rows in front of us. Then he turned around and stared at me! What the heck banana man!? Did you know we were here!? Are you stalking us now? Do you want to be friends? If you do, you better cut the creeper shit because that's not how you make friends!

All in all, that's our regular character. Whenever we realize he's there, he is always looking at us. Keeping this story in mind, please be careful with what type of regular you would like.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stopped blogging because Google believes there was "Invalid Clicking" and took away my ads but finally found the heart to begin again because people need to know that people such as banana man exist: Story of my life.

By the way... I got on ESPN

No comments:

Post a Comment